Build Ready:
Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)
Yes
What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.
Mostly gaming and schoolwork (including CAD)
If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, FPS, game settings)
I plan on playing in 1080p and getting as high FPS as possible with max settings
What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?
~$2000 including peripherals
In what country are you purchasing your parts?
USA
Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Provide any additional details you wish below.
This build is going to be replacing my ~3 year old Alienware M14x r2. I want this build to last as long as possible, running games on max settings and getting high fps, hence the 1080p and 980ti. Also, I plan on getting either windows 7 or 8.1 embedded for free through my school and purchasing the regular version if it doesn't work out for normal use. I already have a 1080p 60hz monitor that I will use as a second monitor. My questions are;
-Is this GPU overkill for 1080p if I want to not have to worry about upgrades for a long time? Would it be worth it to buy a 2k monitor or should I just buy one later on?
-Is there a way to find the measurements the mobo to ensure that the CPU cooler will fit?
-Is there anywhere I could save money without a major drop in performance? Related, is it worth getting the skylake processor just for ddr4 RAM?
-Does anyone know from experience whether or not embedded windows works/doesn't work for gaming?
-Would it be worth waiting until cyber monday/black friday to buy all of the parts or should I buy parts that are on sale on /r/buildapcdeals as I see them?
Thanks in advance!
Submitted October 22, 2015 at 06:20PM by Chzbrgrs http://ift.tt/201VQH0
0 comments:
Post a Comment