[Build Ready] Girlfriend and I are going to be building a couple gaming PCs, could use some help/suggestions with the parts we have laid out.

Build Help/Ready:

Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

Yes

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Gaming, looking more towards current gen/releasing soon games.

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, FPS, game settings)

Not looking for constant 4k 120fps. Obviously playing the games on high would be a plus but Ultra is certainly not a requirement for us.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

$500-$750. Lower the better obviously but we have some wiggle room.

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

USA

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $69.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $52.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $42.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.33 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card $134.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $45.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $559.16
Mail-in rebates -$45.00
Total $514.16
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-22 18:12 EDT-0400

I do have knowledge about computers but I've never built one myself but this was what we came up with after spending some time on pcpartpicker and just doing a little research and comparison.

Just looking to see if this looks like a decent rig and could let us play games like Xcom 2 or Total Warhammer without bursting into flames. Being able to do Fallout 4 on it would be nice but from what I've read the requirements for it are pretty beefy, which is understandable being open world and all.

Any help/suggestions would be great, I formatted as best I could and tried not to break any rules!



Submitted October 22, 2015 at 06:21PM by TanithGhost http://ift.tt/201VQqp
SHARE
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment