[Build Ready] I'm upgrading a few components in my machine (GPU/SSD/MB) and would love some feedback!

Build Help/Ready:

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Gaming and VR. Currently at 1080p but would like to upgrade to 1440p with this rig. It also needs to meet the Oculus minimum requirements for the CV1.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

I've got about $800-1000 to spend on upgrading the machine.

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

US - Texas. I have access to all online retailers and a brick and mortar Microcenter location.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor -
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $92.98 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $44.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $44.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $199.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive -
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card $313.98 @ Newegg
Case Antec Lanboy air Yellow ATX Mid Tower Case -
Power Supply XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $62.98 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $20.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $102.98 @ Newegg
Monitor Asus VE278Q 27.0" Monitor $234.98 @ Newegg
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard -
Mouse Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 Wired Laser Mouse $94.99 @ Newegg
Headphones Logitech G430 7.1 Channel Headset $62.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1366.82
Mail-in rebates -$65.00
Total $1301.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-22 18:15 EDT-0400

Additional Details:

For this build I already own all parts except the GPU, SSD and Motherboard (these are the components that I need the most feedback on). These 3 new parts come in at around $625 which gives me a little more budget to apply in any areas of weakness that you guys can identify. Please let me know if you see me using anything incompatible or suboptimal. I'm willing to spend the remainder of the budget on other upgrades but I wanted to see what you guys thought would be the best use of the money.

Thanks so much!



Submitted October 22, 2015 at 06:31PM by ActualContent http://ift.tt/1jD8BXO
SHARE
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment