Build Help/Ready:
Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)
Yep
What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.
Gaming
If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, FPS, game settings)
Looking to play Fallout 4 at 60fps/1080p. Mods would be cool, but I'm not sure what's feasible.
What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?
$200-300 would be good. I'm doing this mostly in order to set a budget.
In what country are you purchasing your parts?
USA
Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
| Type | Item | Price |
|---|---|---|
| CPU | Intel Core i7-950 3.06Ghz Quad-Core Processor | $253.31 @ Amazon |
| Motherboard | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R ATX LGA1366 Motherboard | - |
| Memory | Kingston HyperX 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory | - |
| Storage | OCZ Agility 3 90GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | - |
| Storage | OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | - |
| Storage | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $52.33 @ OutletPC |
| Video Card | MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card | - |
| Case | Thermaltake Armor Revo Snow Edition (White) ATX Full Tower Case | - |
| Power Supply | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply | - |
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts | ||
| Total | $305.64 | |
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-22 18:14 EDT-0400 |
Provide any additional details you wish below.
I figure the GPU will need an upgrade, but I'm not sure whether or not it would be best to SLI or replace. In addition, the current card is bottlenecked by heat. I tried setting a more aggressive fan profile but it seems to bounce all the time and with limited results. I'm not afraid to DIY a solution, if there is one.
Memory needs an upgrade as well. Is it worth it to keep the triple channel?
Submitted October 22, 2015 at 06:31PM by thereddarren http://ift.tt/1jD8BXK
0 comments:
Post a Comment