external GPU with thunderbolt

Hi,

I want to test something : I have a Macbook Pro retina 15" (late 2013) with a dedicated nvidia 750M, and I've seen on many web pages a lot a different ways to use an external nivdia gtx graphic card plugged in thunderbolt2. (up to 70% to 90% of desktop capacities)

I've seen some "plug and play" solutions but it's cost an arm ! (between 500-900$!!)

Then I've seen some DIY solution, around 250-300$ BUT they aren't always clear and nicely explained...

I know I have to use a "Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Adapter & SxS Media Reader" to do the connection between the GPU and the mac with thunderbolt2 (http://ift.tt/1RZPjak) but this is just one part one the work to do, for the rest of the connectivity I've have no idea :(

If I want to externally use a GTX980 pluged in thunderbolt2 on my laptot, how can I proceed ?

Thanks for your time.

PS : YES, I know it will be preferable to build a gaming pc, but this will be in several months, before that I want to test this solution :)



Submitted October 22, 2015 at 06:36PM by F4Ke-music http://ift.tt/201Y2yf
SHARE
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment