[Build Ready] Trading In My PS4 - First Time Build Seeking Final Advice

Build Help/Ready:

Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

Yup

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Mainly gaming, wanting significantly better performance than I got out of my PS4. Going to play the usual suspects of current and next gen AAA games and want to game in 1440p.

I am also thinking about trying to stream, but I assume this machine would be more than capable of streaming at a reasonable quality if I decide to give it a shot.

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, FPS, game settings)

1440p dual monitor setup, ultra settings and 60+ fps on current and upcoming games for a few years. I know this is slightly overkill for now in some places but I want to be able to eventually possibly upgrade to 4k with 2 way SLI, and support VR in a couple of years.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

$2500 absolute MAX

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

USA (NYC)

**Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $319.99 @ Micro Center
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $28.32 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $154.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $84.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $85.35 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card $659.99 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case $98.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $78.99 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full (32/64-bit) $119.99 @ B&H
Monitor Asus PB278Q 60Hz 27.0" Monitor $399.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2131.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-22 19:00 EDT-0400

Provide any additional details you wish below.

Please look it over, let me know if I'm making any glaring errors/oversights. This is my first build and I really want it to be top of the line and last a while, including being upgradeable over time.



Submitted October 22, 2015 at 07:04PM by schoenkid37 http://ift.tt/1kxobo1
SHARE
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment