[Build Ready] £850 gaming PC for The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 at 1440p

Build Help/Ready:

Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

Yes

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Mainly gaming

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, FPS, game settings)

New AAA games (The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4) at pretty high settings at 1440p and stable fps (around 40 for me).

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

Would prefer to be around £850, but it's flexible and I've already gone over it.

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

UK

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £140.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Asus H81M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard £41.76 @ Dabs
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £31.30 @ Amazon UK
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £66.49 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £34.74 @ Aria PC
Video Card PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card £239.57 @ More Computers
Case Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case £36.98 @ Novatech
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £63.31 @ Amazon UK
Monitor Crossover 2795 QHD 60Hz 27.0" Monitor £200.00
Keyboard EagleTec K005 / KS03 Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse £23.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £879.13
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-22 23:06 BST+0100

Provide any additional details you wish below.

I have several other questions regarding the build:

1) Will this motherboard be good enough? I didn't feel there was any need to go any better because I have no intention to overclock.

2) Is the case any good? This is the part that I know the least about, but it that the video card may take up some of the drive bays - would this be a problem?

3) Does the brand of video card matter that much - I know the Sapphire ones are meant to be the best but is it worth the extra £30? Also, I would like to overclock this.

NOTE: You do not have to follow this format, but please be sure to answer these questions. Please do not ask to simply be given a build. You are welcome to delete this section.



Submitted October 22, 2015 at 06:26PM by bonobohobo27 http://ift.tt/1jD8zPU
SHARE
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment